Let us connect you with a job that matches your skills and interests
The Employment Connection, a division of UCP of Long Island, assists individuals with developmental disabilities and those with acquired physical disabilities to meet their career goals. Over the years, we have served thousands of Long Island job seekers with employment assessments, training, job placements and job supports.
We serve many types of workers
The Employment Connection works with many different job seekers with disabilities, including individuals with developmental disabilities. . .
- Who are still in school
- Who are looking to find their first job
- Who are working and are looking for a better job
- We also work with individuals with professional experience who are looking to change careers due to an acquired disability.
Many different jobs to choose from
We receive job openings from many different types of Long Island employers, including well known national retail chains as well as small businesses. Some of the types of jobs we have offered our clients include. . .
- Clerical (filing, mailroom, etc.), customer service, data entry, reception; office work involving basic computer software applications
- Service jobs (cashiers, inventory, maintenance, etc.) in retail stores, automotive and food service
- Industrial jobs such as assembling or packaging
- Jobs in child and adult care
- Professional jobs for those with specific experience, in areas such as healthcare, legal, software applications, etc.
Nationally accredited services
Our employment services have received national accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Services (CARF) based on our high levels of client satisfaction. Our nationally accredited services include evaluation, employment planning, job placement, supported employment and other services.