What are the benefits of hiring an individual with a disability from The Employment Connection?
You can enhance the diversity of your workforce and take steps to meet government guidelines regarding the hiring of people with disabilities. All individuals we refer to you are pre-matched to your positions, which ensures they are qualified and have the skills and abilities necessary to succeed as a valued employee.
We can also enhance your training of newly hired individuals and provide ongoing supports to assist in additional on-site training if needed. Your company may also qualify for various government incentives for hiring individuals with a disability.
What is meant by “government incentives” for hiring an individual with a disability?
The Employment Connection can provide qualified employers with guidance, at no cost, in obtaining financial incentives from the government. You may qualify for various tax credits simply by hiring individuals with a disability who are receiving vocational rehabilitation services from our agency. We can guide your application for such credits.
You may also participate in On the Job Training (OJT), where a portion of your training-related expenses may be reimbursed for a newly hired individual with a disability.
What are some of the employee accommodations that are requested most often?
Most accommodations requested by individuals with disabilities are simple and of no cost to your company. Some typical accommodations include flexible work schedules, the use of a task list, and enlargement of text on written materials.
Other accommodations may involve a cost, but are typically one-time purchases less than $500. Such accommodations may include computer software programs that read text aloud, ergonomic work stations, and specialized computer keyboards. The Employment Connection can assist in locating resources to accommodate individuals with disabilities in your company.
What additional services can my company receive as a Partnership Plus member?
For a nominal annual fee, we provide our Partnership Plus members with all of the following services:
- Pre-matching of qualified job candidates
- Job matching with video profiles
- Consultation regarding job task analysis, job sharing, customized employment and reasonable accommodations
- Priority access to our pool of job seekers
- Assistance in providing documentation for outreach efforts to comply with Section 503 government regulations or efforts to diversify your workforce
- Posting of your company name/logo on The Employment Connection website
- Access to etiquette training for your current staff in working and communicating with co-workers with disabilities
- Assistance for your HR department in locating appropriate accommodations or services for your employees