Restart your career after an acquired disability
If you are someone with professional experience who has an acquired physical disability, The Employment Connection can help you identify funding to restart your career or find a new one. We help many candidates with professional or semi-professional backgrounds find jobs such as:
- Work in the healthcare field, including nursing and therapists
- Computer professionals
- Help desk reps
- Legal jobs
- Teachers and teacher assistants, and more
Our certified, professional staff offers the following services . . .
- Employability profile assessments, which identify transferrable skills from your previous work experience to new career options.
- Career counseling
- “Tools for Success” seminar – an informative workshop designed to maximize your job search results. Topics include understanding today’s job market, networking, overcoming employment barriers, resume and cover letter preparation, and much more.
- Practicing for employer interviews – we will even videotape mock interviews to help you analyze your performance.
- Getting up to speed on ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) regulations and job accommodations
- Enhancing your computer skills needed for the job
- Researching opportunities for certification in various professions